1001 1002 1003 - 1004 - 1005 1006 1007
| Decades: |
970s 980s 990s - 1000s - 1010s 1020s 1030s
| Centuries: |
10th century - 11th century - 12th century
- December: End of the Samanid dynasty in Bokhara.
- Boleslaus I of Poland loses Bohemia after having become duke the previous year. He is succeeded as duke of Bohemia by Jaromir.
- Sancho III becomes king of Navarre.
- Sweyn destroys Norwich.
- Aberdeen becomes a bishopry.
- Abdallah ibn Al-Aftas (approximate date)
- Erik the Red (approximate date, maybe 1003)
- Abbon of Fleury
- Adelaide of Aquitaine, wife of Hugh Capetaf:1004